Team Rebel Mission Statement
- In 1999, as a young man, I had a vision, to be able to capture world class fish from land based surfaces and structures to the likes of which nobody had ever seen before, and pushing the envelope further than anybody has ever pushed it before. With the innovative style of angling we use, and our never ceasing appetite for expeditions, we set out be able to have nothing more than a slight chance to accomplish what a lot of people deem "impossible". Between myself and my team we have accomplished what many people said could not be done, never resting and trying to push skills and wills to breaking points, all while risking life itself just to be able to chase these visions up and down the coasts of the United States. With some of the greatest anglers in the world on our side and a never ending supply of innovative ideas, we keep proving that we don't just think outside "the box", but we have crushed "the box" and created our very own style unique to nobody but us. With our innovative expeditionary style "suicide" trips and endless hunger for the hunt and adventure that comes along with it , we will not be denied until we are put in the grave because of this obsession.We thought the name "Team Rebel" always suited us well, for the fact that we are "rebelling" on the idea that you have to be on a vessel to catch world-class fish. We are on a quest to break down all known angling barriers, and to take over the extreme angling entertainment market. As entertainers and anglers, we strive to be able to kick down the door of both the entertainment and angling world, all while still sticking to our roots, and keeping our own edge and style, and continue to horrify the conventional anglers who take everything way to seriously, and entertaining in a way that can only be described as an outdoor comedy/rock act.
-Zach "The Hammer" Miller, Team Rebel founder
- - First Place in the 2007 state of Florida Shore bound Shark Tourney
- - The Two largest Hammerhead sharks ever captured from shore, both released successfully
- - Caught and released a potential all-tackle world record Hammerhead shark from shore
- -Only anglers ever to capture 3 sawfish in 3 nights, all in excess of 14ft and 600lbs
- -Caught and released Florida state record Bull shark from land
- - Every member of Team Rebel are regarded as some of the best Snook fisherman in the state
- - Specialist in monster Seatrout catch and release angling.
- - Land-based Permit/Tarpon Fishing specialist.
- - Known all over the world for our prowess in finding large Sharks/Goliaths in the river and ICW water systems. Including 500lb bull sharks and Goliaths.
- - One of the leaders of a movement to protect shore bound anglers rights
- -World renowned for "outside the box" approach to angling
- Delray Beach
- Deerfield Beach
- Boca Raton
- As well as Involved with Indian River County and Lauderdale by the Sea wins.
- - Pioneers of Everglades expeditionary land-based shark fishing
- - Inventors of multiple new styles of extreme land-based angling for sport-fish
- - Committee member of the ILSFA
- - Competition Co-ordinator of the Guy Harvey Ultimate Shark Challenge
- - Chartered Zeb Hogan for a filming of "Monster Fish" on the National Geographic channel
- -Competition Co-ordinator for "Sharks Eye" Tournament based in Montauk, NY
- -Starred on Field and Stream magazines "Hook Shots"
- -Innovators of Ladder Fishing the flats for sharks
- - Featured on National tv show "Right This Minute" for ladder shark fishing
- - Featured in many notable publications, such as Field and Stream, and Coastal Angler multiple times.
- Featured video looping in multiple Bass Pro Shops in support of Aquatic Nutrition Chum
- -Helped FWC and state of Florida revise angler guidelines for handling and releasing sharks for their new campaign
Catch and Release Disclaimer
Here at Team Rebel we are HUGE advocates of CPR shark fishing, CPR stands for "Catch, Photograph, and Release". In no way,shape or form do we harvest sharks of any size and species and they are ALL released safely, efficiently, and promptly back into the oceans where they can enjoy their lives and help restock the dwindling shark populations. Also, along with o "CPR" shark fishing we are also heavily involved with the Apex Predator shark tagging programs, to help gather as much information as possible about the sharks we encounter in our lives as anglers, and help preserve the stock for future generations to be able to enjoy.
Protected Species Disclaimer
Also, we take full notice to state regulations of sharks on the Protected/Endangered species list as dictated by the State of Florida,and adhere to any rules and regulations in any other states we fish in as well, therefore any pictures on this site unless stated otherwise were taken before the new state regulations were passed and put into effect. The only pictures you will see of protected species on this site after the passing of the new regulations, will be one picture of the shark partially removed from the water with a picture of the hook being removed from its mouth, otherwise it is illegal to possess a picture of a protected species even partially removed from the water. This was a statement given to us from FWC on hook removal from protected species caught from beaches.
- 2005 Shorebound Shark Tourney-3rd place
- 2006 Shorebound Shark Tourney-3rd place
- 2007 Shorebound Shark Tourney-1st place
- 2007 Big Hammer Challenge
- 2008 Shorebound Shark Tourney-5th place
- 2008 Big Hammer Challenge
- 2009 Black-tip Challenge